Saturday, July 27, 2013

So it Begins...

Well I've finally caved and have begun my very own blog. After subscribing to and religiously reading about 40 amazing teacher blogs, it's really difficult not to be inspired and want to start your own. Now I just have to learn all of the fancy stuff to make this thing look good. I'll catch on eventually... I always do!

I suppose that if you're here reading, you probably want to know what my deal is. I'm fresh out of college and a brand spankin' new teacher. I will be teaching 4th grade at the school where I completed my student teaching, so thankfully I'm very familiar with the staff and I already know a lot of the students I'll have in my class! Now to be completely honest, I'm more nervous than I've ever been in my entire life. I've probably played a thousand basketball games, but I've never been as nervous as I am for this school year to start. My dream of finally having my own classroom is coming true and I just don't want to mess it all up. Am I crazy for feeling this way?

Over the summer, after getting inspiration from other blogs and Pinterest of course, I began getting material for small projects for my classroom. I would honestly lay awake at night thinking about all of the things I could do with the room. I finally decided that getting NO sleep was ridiculous and I just needed to get in my classroom and get to work! On Thursday that's just what I did and boy, was I in for a big surprise....


  

 Let's just say that this is not what the room looked liked when I poked my head in at the beginning of May. This classroom wasn't used last school year, so I'm thinking that a lot of extra junk just got piled up in here over the course of the year. The pictures really don't show the amount of stuff that is actually in here either. It's worse than it appears. 

So after I got over the shock of how much work I really have to do and getting over the disappoint that I wouldn't be getting to do any of the fun stuff like decorating, I got to work. 

4 hours later and it really doesn't look a whole lot different. Isn't it crazy how that works?

I decided I'm going to need some help pulling every single thing out of each cabinet, so I can go through it all. Luckily, I have a pretty awesome boyfriend who I am forcing is willing to help. 

Now hopefully in my next post I'll be able to show some major improvement. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hang In There Shelby!!! I Know It Can Be So Super Overwhelming When You Move Into A Nonempty Room! IAm Feeling Ya This Year :) Remember, I Am Right Down The Hall If You Need To Take A Break, Ask A Question, Scream, Cry, or Laugh! You Can Do This And You Have A Great year Ahead Of You!! Love The Blog!!
    Kylee

    ReplyDelete